Most writers, professional writers included, often go through these writing stages:
Main Objectives at Each Stage:
- To generate as many ideas as possible for a topic.
- To get main points for paragraph organization.
1. To express ideas in complete sentences.
2. To organize ideas in the expected format, with discernible parts:
3. To develop main points with details.
- To improve on the focus and organization.
- To improve on the clarity of expression.
- To improve on the adequacy of supporting details.